Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dichroic Bracelet, Bubble powder Pendants, wire wrapped





This weeks work. I made another fused dichroic cabochon bracelet, I love the way it turned out. Wire wrapped using 18 gauge copper wire and given a rich warm patina using liver of sulfur. The rings were made individually, what a time consuming project this was. The large rings have all been soldered closed and I added a handcrafted closure.

I also made a few bubble art glass pendants and wire wrapped them in copper wire, This was the first time I made pendants that I wanted bubbles in and these are fun. They look like mermaid jewelry, These were made using art glass, bubble powder and topped with clear glass. I have read since purchasing my bubble powder that baking soda can also be used to create a similar look so I will be trying this the next time I make bubble pendants. How cool is that? Baking powder and soooo much cheaper to buy.
Have a great day and thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

sandrine said...

hello,
have you tried baking powder to make bubbles in glass? Is it OK?