Saturday, June 7, 2008

summer vacation has begun




Well at long last summer vacation is upon us. I have waited the entire school year for this day to come. I have missed my girls. I am the mom that many thinks is just crazy. I recall being at a park last summer, it was the weekend before school was to start. There were a few moms with young children nearby. The moms were talking about school starting on Monday so I thought I would join in on the conversation. I remember saying something like, " I can't believe school is starting on Monday" The other moms replied " I know I just can't wait!" I was so like " I can wait, I'll miss my girls soooo much." They just laughed and said " well you'll get used to it soon enough."
Well I did get used to my little ones being at school all day, 5 days a week. But come Thursday night, as I tucked my girls into bed, I reminded them- Only one more day and you get to stay home for two whole days!!!! yea!!!!!
And every Friday morning I sent them off to school on the bus with big hugs and kisses and promises of a popcorn and cookie party that night.
So this week my 5 year old Hannah, graduated from kindergarten, receiving awards of excellence in each area of study, and also receiving an award of achievement for getting straight A's in every area of study for the entire school year. I'm so proud of her.

My 8 year old Katelyn also graduated from the second grade and was promoted to the third grade. She didn't receive any awards of excellence and that's okay. She did the best her abilities would allow and I am still very proud of her too. Katelyn is the daughter God planned for me to mother. Not from my body but definitely from my heart. She came to live with me when she was just a wee baby of 14 months old. And her first words to me were momma? she just wasn't sure , but even at her young age, she new I was her mommy. She was and still is, a precious gift from god. and I treasure her everyday. Especially at night when she's asleep and all is calm in our world. Katelyn has many special needs, that are a direct result of not being cared for properly in her first year. She has come a long long way, and still has a ways to go. but with love from her dad and I and by the grace of god, I know she will someday be all she was meant to be.

Anyways as the school year has ended and we had two graduations to celebrate, Jerry and I decided to buy our girls a little tikes water park and slide. The girls along with there little sister Morgan who is 3, had a great day, sliding and splashing and sliding some more. This will be there summer playground and I'm sure they will have a lot of fun during the summer months. And with a bit of luck I may be able to get a few pieces of jewelry made.

This week was a busy week for jewelry making as well. I completed a copper pendant set for a client, and she was quite happy with the outcome. I especially like the ginkgo leaf pendant with added wire work spiral. I think I will make another similar to it for listing in my Etsy shop.
I also finished a set of fused glass that is ready for wrapping and will be adding in my next post.
I finished a new dichroic and copper wire wrap pendant set that I was really happy with as well.

1 comment:

LBOE said...

wow! you sound like a great mum :) always there to encourage and support their acheivments. My mum's great as well of course :) Yay! to mums! :D